19 Jun 2017 AKBC/KABC Joint Meeting “Creating a New Era of Growth: Stronger Together”
The 2017 AKBC-KABC Joint Meeting will be held on from 12 to 14 November, 2017 in Brisbane.
The Joint Meeting has a proud 37-year history and is considered the premier business event in the Australia-Korea corridor.
The Australian delegation will be led by the AKBC Chairman, Hon Mark Vaile AO and the Korean delegation will be led by Kwon Oh Joon, the Chairman of the Korea-Australia Business Council and POSCO, Australia’s single largest customer. As Korea is Australia’s fourth largest trading partner, and arguably one of Australia’s important allies strategically, the Joint Meeting attracts delegates at the most senior level. For example, at last year’s meeting, more than half of the delegates had the title Chairman, CEO, President or Director.
The Joint Meeting is the most efficient and effective platform for the who’s who of AU-KR business to network, get informed, be heard and do deals. Outcomes arising from last year’s Joint Meeting include >$1.15 billion in new investment, numerous services sector exports and two new Australian office openings by Korean corporates.
This year’s Joint Meeting will carry the theme ‘Creating a New Era of Growth: Stronger Together’ and will focus on both the evolving and new emerging opportunities in the Australia-Korea corridor. The official functions include:
- Welcome Gala Dinner (Monday 13 November)
- Australian Delegation breakfast, with a briefing by the Australian Ambassador to Korea HE James Choi (Tuesday 14 November)
- 38th Joint Meeting (Tuesday 14 November).
Unofficial functions include:
- Australia/Korea Golf Day, at Sanctuary Cove Golf and Country Club, incl a short game lesson by Adam Scott’s short game coach (Sunday 12 November)
- Future Leaders Roundtable (Monday 13 November)
- Korean Corporate Cultural Intelligence Workshop (Monday 13 November)
- Site Visit to the Start Up Precinct in Fortitude Valley (Monday 13 November)
Click here to download the Joint Meeting Program.
Please contact Liz Johnston, on 0425 201 666 or email@example.com for further details.